Senior Business Controller
Location: Hungary, Budapest
Application deadline: 15 December 2023
You are looking for an exciting role where you can take your career to the next level? You are striving for excellence and dare challenging the status quo? You would like to work in a people-focused international company with a collaborative and supportive corporate culture? Then we are looking forward to receive your application as Senior Business Controller!
Reporting to the head of Controlling, you will be a key partner to mid and senior management and a critical interface between the business and finance. Guiding business decisions and giving valuable insights into financial performance, you can analyze complex financial data and articulate clear recommendations.
LAT Nitrogen is a leading European provider of nitrogen-based products in the fertilizer and industrial chemical market. The company employs nearly 2,000 employees across Europe and has production units located in Austria, France and Germany with an extensive warehouse and commercial network in Western, Central and Eastern Europe.
Your core agenda will cover the following topics:
- Drive the monthly reporting process, analyze the actual performance of the business, create comprehensive rolling forecasts and present the outcome to key stakeholders
- Support the business by developing impactful business cases but also challenge decisions with a sizable P&L/BS impact.
- Foster continuous improvement and best practice within the financial community
- Create specific ad-hoc reports and analysis to facilitate decision making in a volatile, yet exciting environment
What you ideally bring along:
- Master degree in finance, accounting or economics or adequate additional job experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in finance/controlling, audit, M&A or consulting.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to draw clear conclusions
- Proven expertise in financial planning and analysis
- Advanced Excel and SAP knowledge
- A pragmatic and problem-solving mindset
- Excellent communication skills in English (German or French would also be an asset)
- Capacity to build strong relationships across the whole organization
- Ability to work independently
What we offer to you
- Work-life balance, weekly two days working from home opportunity after the on-boarding period (usually 6 months)
- Competitive compensation package, including bonus and cafeteria
- Opportunities advance within the company across all LAT Nitrogen locations and roles
- Challenging role: complex range of tasks covering end-to-end process
- Diverse, international team of 80+ employees in our Budapest office allows us to work in a friendly and human-scale environment with all the advantages of a company with international background
- Excellent job location and office environment: state-of-the-art office
Expected start date: as soon as possible
Location: Hungary (Budapest)
If you match all or the majority of the above requirements, please apply submitting your CV and a motivation letter.